I have indentations on otherwise not swollen ankles from elastic
Explanation on how to distinguish abnormal indentations given below
Thank you for asking at "Ask a Doctor" service.
Indentations on the ankles are not necessarily a sign of a heart disease. If they are at the area of the socks and then disappear within minutes of taking off the socks than very likely they are due to the pressure the sock cause on the skin and not real cause to worry. Kindly provide a photo of the indentations so that I am better able to help.
The best place to check for swelling from the heart disease is the shins, a few cm above the ankles. If you press there for a few seconds and if after you remove the fingers you notice indentations then there is swelling. Even in this case not all swelling are due to heart disease and I would recommend you to see a doctor to determine the cause.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?