question-icon

I have had soreness in the back of my neck

Posted on Sun, 27 Jan 2019
Question: I have had soreness in the back of my neck for a couple of days, But today I also have some pain in my throat and upper mid chest. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Viral condition probably...

Detailed Answer:

If the pain isn't severe, I'd not be overly concerned. This may be an onset of viral infection especially if you also feel week for the last few days and sense feverish. You may continue aleve. I'd also add antacid medications - prilosec OTC to help you deal with dyspesia secondary to aleve. Dyspepsia can also present as retrosternal chest discomfort and throat irritation.

Let me know if there are more symptoms along with the current set of problems.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad