I have had a bladder infection for going on three

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have had a bladder infection for going on three weeks and have been on 3 different types of medication and how o Augmentin. I had a culture done and had some e-coli, bilirubin and other bacteria and blood in the urine. Also have had a lot of pain in my right side around the hip bone and back. A cat scan was done and they found some small crystal like stones in my ureter which they said I should be able to pass without problems. I am now waiting for the doctor to schedule me for MRI with contrast. I am feeling fatigue and worried that I might have something else going on. Could you give me some advise
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sounds like kidney stone complicated by infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi Jdydlttl,

What you describe sounds like a kidney stone caused by bacterial infection. It is completely harmless and you shouldn't worry. Consider an NSAID drug and an alpha adrenergic drug to ease passing of the kidney stone.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad