I have been getting a muscle twitch in my left
as a result of getting worked-up and anxious, i now get twitches in my legs (inc a crawling / bubbling feeling). im also feeling lightheaded / offbalance. not sure if this is down to constant stress of worrying about my health or something more serious. I dont seem to have any muscle pain.
I'm 32 white Male, 15 stone, 5ft 11.
It can be stress, but, other conditions to be excluded.
Hello and welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
It is true that excessive anxiety may cause symptoms like yours, but, first is necessary to exclude other possible conditions that may cause similar symptoms.
These conditions include blepharospasm, multiple sclerosis, etc.
So, in my opinion, you should see your Neurologist and discuss with him for your issues and possible treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?