I have an incisional hernia . laparascopic surgery is scheduled
there is no specialized equipment
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Incisional hernias can be repaired by open procedures or laproscopy (as with you). Laproscopy is associated with less infections, reduced hospital stay, less pain, less chance of an hematoma compared to an open procedure.
Normally released by day 2-3, reviewed by week 2 (week 1 , if there is a drain in place- a drain is a tube that allows for any fluids that may be collecting, to drain).
Most persons can return to normal activities after 4 weeks, no heavy lifting till at least week 3 (though some hospitals will recommend nothing greater than 10 pounds before week 6).
There is no specialized equipment that you would need at home post surgery.
Pain medication will be given and some persons may need help with constipation
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?