I have an enlarged prostate that is hard to the

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have an enlarged prostate that is hard to the touch but no problems urinating.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for sending the query.

Enlargement of the prostate is not uncommon in men - especially in men above the age of 70. What is important is that your doctor keeps an eye on this particular issue in your case with physical exam at least on an annual basis as well as monitoring the PSA level.

PSA can rise if abnormal cells proliferate in the prostate. The concern we try to make sure to rule out is prostate cancer. Your doctor has likely checked your PSA level and is monitoring this regularly.

The fact that your prostate is in large and hard in texture does not necessarily mean that you have prostate cancer. If you do not have any symptoms this is also reassuring.

I would recommend that you continue a very active lifestyle with regular exercise, good hydration, excellent nutrition and focus on well-being.This along with regular font with your doctor will ensure that you continue to live a very robust and healthy life.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj