question-icon

I have a sinus infection . It's been going on

Posted on Sun, 13 Jan 2019
Question: I have a sinus infection. It's been going on for over a week. I have a terrible headache, sinus pressure, nasal drip, congestion, and am achy all over. How do I get a prescription for antibiotics so I can get over this before Christmas?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Go to family physician or ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you can help yourself with symptoms using any antinflammatory drugs such advil for pain. Also you can use antihistamines such citerizine to help with secretions. This are found otc
Antibiotics are sold only with prescription.
You should go to your family physician for a prescription or you can go to ER otherwise you can't get them.

Hope I have answered the question
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka