I have a mild case of IBS . I have
Looks like food poisoning rather the soup itself.
Hi and Welcome to " Ask A Doctor "service. I have read your question and here is my advice. Sorry to hear of your sickness.
Infact the attack of vomiting may not be related to the content of soup itself as you have been taking it for quite a time , rather it looks like a food poisoning caused by intoxication of food . Any food can cause food poisoning if it is contaminated with germs or toxins. This is common problem.Whatever is the food , if it's contaminated it can cause acute vomiting which may be severe as is yours.So thats what look like your peoblem.Luckily this is most of the times self remitting and vomiting settles it'self.
So I understand this was a type of food poisoning and if the vomiting is settled , you should not worry.Take more fluids and ORS .It's not about the soup or your IBS.
However if vomiting is persitent, or you feel week we may need to give some intravenous fluids in the ER but that's unlikely in your case .
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. Please don't hesitate to ask anything else you need to know. kind Regards Dr Rahman. .
Please see detalied answer
Hi , thanks for writing back to us .I am happy that you feel well.
In fact food poisoning not necessarily means to have both vomiting and loose stool .Though it's possible to have either of them or both .Yes Most virus and germs do cause both but not must .
Sorry I mentioned ORS with out writing it full .ORS stands for Oral Rehydration Therapy .This is balanced solution of salt and electrolytes used to replace body fluid lost during vomiting or diarrhea. They are available over the counter.You may not need it .
Good luck , enjoy a healthy life.
Please feel free to write back to us if you have any further question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol