I had consulted you several times with questions related to
History: My aunt was diagnosed with T2N0M0 right breast carcinoma in XXXXXXX 2017 and got operated on 9th XXXXXXX 2017. Tumor was 3cm, ER+, PR+, HER2--. Quadrantectomy done with axillary dissection. TC*4 chemo given with 21 days radiation. Chemo completed on 27th March, 2017. Radiation completed on 26th May, 2017. Currently on Femara.
Last week we did a mammogram for her and in her left breast(not operated breast) they identified a mass as Fibroadenoma by the doctor who did initial mammogram and he suggested FNAC considering her history. We consulted our treating medical oncologist with all the reports and he suggested to get the films reviewed again by another radiologist in his hospital and he again reported it as fibroadenoma. Then our doctor told nothing to worry and will do the mammogram next year and she has to continue Femara, Shelcal and also Zyclastin 4mg given based on her Dexa scan report. I was wondering if it is better to do the FNAC to rule out anything? What is your opinion please. Reports are attached for your reference.
Hello. FNAC is not required
Hello. I remember the case and seen the recent reports as well. Fibroadenoma is a benign finding present otherwise also in many females. Since it has been reported as fibroadenoma by 2 radiologist, nothing further is required.
This finding falls under birads 2 category of sonomammography and is not expected to change over follow up. It is essentially benign with 0 % chance of malignancy.
Only sonomammography once in an year is required till age of 65.
Thanks and regards
Are you suggesting not to do both mammogram and sonomammography together instead just do sonomammography going forward?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...