Ask a Urologist   »  

I feel like I have pressure & need to urinate,

Question
I feel like I have pressure & need to urinate, but I don't go very much. Very uncomfortable.
Could I have a UTI?
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Overactive bladder possibly

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

It seems like you are experiencing the symptoms of an overactive bladder. This condition is caused by an overactive muscle in the bladder that pushes the urine out, resulting in a frequent urge to go and may or may not be accompanied by incontinence.

It may be related to a UTI or medication, but in most cases, the cause remains unknown. Overactive bladder is common in such age group and a pelvic exam, urine and blood tests are the first step toward a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.