I bleve I have some sort of warms, I can
albendazole can be helpful for parasite infections
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
There are different types of parasites/worms that can be found in the gut sometimes which means that the treatment may vary slightly from one infection to the next.
If you want to definitely confirm if an infection with worms is present and to identify the particular worm, then a stool sample would need to be sent to the lab for a test (stool analysis of ova, cysts and parasites)
If this is not an option at this time, then you can consider using zentel (albendazole ). This can sometimes be found over the counter. In some infections (hookworm, ascariasis, ancylostoma, trichostrongylus)- only one dose at one point of the day,is needed
In other infections such as a type of tape worm or larva migrans and others- longer courses are needed and also take multiple times a day in other types of infection
You can consider using the single 400mg dose and then noting if there is any improvement over the following 7 to 10 days.
If there is no change, then it may be best to have a stool sample sent to the lab so that a different dose of the med can be given.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?