question-icon

I am using cbd salve on my ankle. It contains

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019
Question: I am using cbd salve on my ankle. It contains dmso. I was wondering if it would effect my heart. I had a mechanical valve done in 2012. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical Query raised by you I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that CBD Salve is basically a herbal preparation with no scientifically conducted medical studies showing its effect on mechanical heart valves.

So it’s not possible to tell whether or not it has any effects. However what you can do is to routinely check your INR levels to monitor the status.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist