I am taking Pyridostigmi Extended Release 180 Mg and crushed
Probably the effect of medicine will be shorter because you crushed the pil
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Pyridostigmine is used to improve muscle strength in muscle disease.
The effect of Pyridostigmine start working 30 to 60 minutes after you take the medication.
The effect of this medication will last at least six hours.
You should not crush the pill.
By crushing the pill you shorten the period of effect of the medication.
The period of effect of the medication can be at least 4 hours in this case based on daily practice.
Other possible side effects can be nausea and vomiting.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?