I am feeling pain in the heel of right foot
Suspect plantar fasciitis
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Heel pain that is worst after resting and gets better with walking is suggestive of plantar fasciitis, which is a common cause of foot pain and is caused by inflammation of the connective tissue that goes from your heel along the bottom of your feet to your toes. Often patients complain of pain worst in the morning when they first step out of bed.
Treatment usually consists of stretching exercises (you can find a good description of exercises at webmd.com), as well as shoe inserts for plantar fasciitis. Rest and ice can help at first, as well as anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen. After a couple weeks (or sooner if you want), if there is no improvement, I would suggest seeing a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and consider a steroid injection to help with the pain.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about any of that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining