I am Irish and have brownish pigment on my feet,
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think you are suffering from varicose veins.
The brown pigmentation of feet is made as a result of blood collection in feet called venous stasis dermatitis.
This varicose veins make ankles an feet swollen and acummulates fluids on foot.
You may need a doppler ultrasound to evaluate your situation.
You can do some tips to help yourself.
* elevate your legs often.
*avoid long standings
*have rest as much as possible.
* use compression stocking. Stoking are found otc in pharmacy or you can consult a doctor to choose an adequate number for you.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.