I am 67 yr old female diagnosed with UTI by
Probably the symptoms may need up to a week to go away.
Hello dear, welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I can understand your concern.
After starting the treatment of antibiotics the symptoms generally improve in two days.
They may need at least a week to go away completely.
So, I recommend continuing the cycle of antibiotics.
I also recommend using medications such as Buscopan 10 mg to relieve the pain.
I suggest you drink a lot of liquids and especially cranberry juice.
The symptoms should improve in a few days.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?