I am 33 weeks pregnant and on medication like Orofer

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am 33 weeks pregnant and on medication like Orofer XT, MCBM and Shellcal. Everything is normal. Baby is also healthy and is in the proper weight and size as per the weeks.

Off lately I have nostril bleeding and i am concerned. It is not very heavy but i get it when i blow my nose or sometimes when i wife it with tissue.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nose bleeds are normal in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Mild nose bleed is normal during pregnancy due to hormonal changes. If it is excessive then be informed on procedure to stop it. The procedure is to bend forward and keep pinching the nose for few minutes. In bad case you can use otrivin nasal spray to stop bleed.
To avoid bleeds, donot blow nose badly. Can apply some vaseline inside nose to prevent dryness.
Also keep a regular track of your blood pressure.
Otherwise it is not a cause for alarm.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee