Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

How to treat alcohol addiction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2528 Questions
dear sir my father is very addicted of alokohal he drink every day from last 10 years and his bp and sugar both are high sugar 300 but he don't take serious about his health ,what should we do .and how to reduce drink .
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
By counseling

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that your father is developed dependence for alcohol and he is unable to control his drinking habits. In my opinion rather than an indulgence he is helpless in regard to quitting alcohol. No insane person will prefer to neglect his health provided he is capable. But your father is incapable for such decisions because of alcohol dependence.

In my opinion he need assistance in alcohol detoxification by both counseling and medication. Counseling helps the individual to make appropriate decision while the medication help him in executing his decision.

You are requested to see a capable psychiatrist in your city without delay.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor