How to take care of dentures?

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 in Dental Health
Question: I took my temporary top denture out in the car to eat something and then it fell on the floor mat. I went in my friends house and rinsed it off with warm water and paper towels three times. After that I put the denture back in then I took some chips that fell in the drink holder out and I came in the house without rinsing my hands off from taking the chips out and then took my denture out and put it in its holder. Do you think I washed the denture off properly and also was it okay to take the denture out without rinsing my hands after taking the chips out of the drink holder ? I also brushed my teeth when I came in the house.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to keep as clean as possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Yes you did the right thing by rinsing it. It would have been better if you had washed hands before taking them off. Basic aim behind this is to keep it as clean as possible and keep your self germ free and healthy.

For good denture care:
> Remove and rinse dentures after eating.
> Clean mouth after removing them
> Scrub your dentures on daily basis.
> Handle them with care.
> Rinse them before putting them back into your mouth, especially if using a denture-soaking solution.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj