How To Potty Train A Toddler?
A step by step systematic approach needs to be taken
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It may often be difficult to potty train a child. However, a step by step approach would help you through.
* Make sure that the child drinks plenty of fluids and takes a good amount of green leafy vegetables with diet.
* Keep a time of the day fixed for potty. Irrespective of whether the child feels like passing stool, make sure to make him sit on the potty at least for some time.
* It is also important to include a lesson on maintaining hygiene.
* Encourage him to develop the habit. You can start awarding him stars for every day he passes stool on the potty. Award him a certain gift after he achieves a certain number of stars. The gift should be a non-food impetus, something like a pencil or eraser that possibly you would have given him anyway.
* You may already be knowing this but never punish your child for wetting or soiling his pants
Let me know if I could help further.