How to get rid of body lice?
Treatment of body lice
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I can understand your concern. Yes an adult louse can live upto 30 days on the clothing of its host as it only visits the skin to have a feed. The lice will die within 8-10 days off the host as they wont get blood meals. The eggs will die within 30 days away from the host.
To get rid of them you need to treat the clothes you are wearing properly as clothes are its natural habitat.Tumble drying is the most effective means of killing both lice and eggs. Go for high temperature washing and ironing of clothes as the body lice won't survive.
Hope to have answered your queries .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs