How should itchy swollen eyelids be treated after being exposed to pollen while gardening?
You can use cold compresses,follow the advice below for a better treatment.
Your symptoms seem to be related to allergic conjunctivitis.
I see that you are already taking oral antihistamines .
You can also use over the counter antihistamine eye drops for a better local relief.
Some other advice can be:
-apply cold compresses to both eyes
-use artificial tears for local relief
-clean regularly the eyes with water
-If you have contacts you should remove them.
-If you don't get better you should take prescribed corticosteroids. Discuss with your doctor about this treatment.
The most important thing is to avoid the allergen that caused these symptoms.
The symptoms should be relieved in a few days,so don't worry.
Hope my answer was helpful.
If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.
General &Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen eyelids after tanning
- Itchy wrinkled swollen eyelids
- Itchy swollen eyelids and lips
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck pollen
- Swollen itchy eyelids
- How are swollen eyelids treated
- Swollen eyelid after running
- How are sebaceous cysts and swollen eyelids treated
- Swollen eyelid after concussion
- Swollen glands after bee pollen