How often might peripheral vascular disease develop in one's arms?
If you feel I should ask someone more specialized in the field, what kind of specialist should I ask?
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Peripheral vascular disease in the arm is not common at all.
Amputation is usually not required.
With the modern diagnostic modalities and newer management, most of the cases are treatable.
The Best Specialist would be Cardio-Vascular Surgeon to answer your further queries.
I hope this answers your queries.
You may please put up another query for the Cardio-Vascular Surgeons.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
What I would ask them is what are some symptoms of a severe case of PVD in the arms? Moreover, at what point would treatments or something like a vascular reconstructive procedure not be an option? At said point, would amputation be the only way to assure the patient's safety?
Thank you for your tine.
Open Services > Ask a Specialist > Cardiac Surgeon
Please go to ''Services'' option. There will be a list of Specialist. Choose '' Ask a Specialist: Then choose '' Ask a Cardiac Surgeon''.
You will get to the Specialist you want.
Most of the cases of PVD are well managed once a proper diagnosis of the condition and the instigating and enhancing factors are done.
Once a proper diagnosis is done the management is usually medical with a combination of therapies like Diet, lifestyle changes, proper medications.
If the medications fail there are surgeries to give further management.
Amputation is required only if the part becomes gangrenous. So no role of amputation in routine management.
I hope this answer helps you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...