How long does a permanent catheter be used for dialysis?
Maximum 4 to 6 weeks.
I can understand your concerns.
Putting a permanent catheter through a neck vein can be used for maximum 4 to 6 weeks for dialysis if proper care is taken.
Also,be assured that there are other ways of doing the dialysis if there is no longer AVF is available or
there is feasibility of AVF
1) Using surgical techniques called transposition of vein or using a synthetic graft (artificial tube) to create a fistula in the arm.
2). Using peritoneal dialysis-
Inserting a tube into the abdomen and doing dialysis by filling and emptying abdomen periodically using dialysis fluid.
Your treating urologist will know about it.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any permanent cure in ayurveda for dialysis
- Waterproof bandages for dialysis catheter
- How dialysis works
- How is eye dialysis done
- Can herbalife use for dialysis patient
- Renal failure shrunk kidneys how long before dialysis
- How to start a dialysis center
- How long will someone live on dialysis with congestive heart failure
- How to setup a dialysis unit
- How long does thc stay in blood on dialysis