How long does Macrobid stay in the system?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Took macrobid (day 3.5 of 7 @ 2 50mg 2ce a day) 1st thing yesterday morning with Pariet b4 food. Started feeling funny early afternoon before going to the clinic for result of urine culture, which was neg. Had high pulse rate, nauseous, with slightly elevated bp 149/92 and the doc said the macrobid does have some side effects like what i was feeling. She says if i cant bear it i can stop the drugs, i did. But 32 hrs later, i still feel nauseous, rapid breathing intermittently, stomach activity. How long does macrobid stay in the system?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
GIve yourself 72hours!

Detailed Answer:

It requires at least 72hours for these side effects to regress significantly. For now, go with increased fluid intake and rest. Do not forget to ask your doctor to prescribe a substitute for this so as to complete the treatment for the infection.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.