question-icon

How can wound on the leg be treated after CABG surgery?

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018
Question: Hi Dr, This is regarding my dad who underwent CABG surgery around 80days back. Still the wound in legs is not healed and have a deep open in 2 parts of the stitches. Any suggestions what has to be done to levelize and heal the wound. Any pointers would be helpful. How much duration would. It take to heal this completely. Thanks, M
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Need to get it checked

Detailed Answer:

After going through the details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that the wound should have healed completely by now and if it hasn't then it should be examined by a surgeon.

If your father is a diabetic and his sugar levels are not under good control then that's one important reason for it not getting healed by now and second could be some infection.

So kindly personally consult your doctor for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap (1 hour later)
Thanks for the quick response Dr. My dad doesn't have sugar and a month back he got infection around the same area. Which specialist i need to consult for betterment of this concern.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

follow-up

Detailed Answer:

As of now you should take him to a general surgeon for a proper examination.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist