How can white brain matter disease be treated?
Treatment of the cause is the best treatment.
White matter disease found in brain MRI is related in most of the cases with long-term high blood pressure.
Other conditions that may relate are inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis due to autoimmune diseases), high cholesterol, diabetes, XXXXXXX stroke.
White matter disease is different from Alzheimer's.
Best treatment to slow down this condition is to control the cause.
Screening for above mentioned conditions is necessary to understand correctly the cause.
Supplements of vitamins B group help in the protection of the nerves.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Some brands mentioned below.
Supplements of high doses of vitamin B1, B6, B12 such Ancopir, Neuralta, etc. are appropriate, but it depends on your location about the trade names.
Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Migraines white matter on brain
- Deep white matter brain
- White matter on the brain
- White matter in brain scan
- Brain white matter lesions
- Periventricular white matter in brain
- Mri brain white matter disease
- White matter changes in brain
- White brain matter disease progression
- White and gray matter of the brain