question-icon

How can the symptoms of the Gulf War syndrome be managed?

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018
Question: I just submited a question on Gulf War Illness
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I read your query and understand your curiosity about Gulf war syndrome. The entity is well known across the scientific community and otherwise known as post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. The symptoms characterised by vivid dreams, emotional numbing, feeling of emotional detachment, avoidance of experienced trauma among others.

Regarding the treatment I must inform you that both medication and psychological support is required for proper treatment. It can not be called that it is in someone's head and this needs to be understood by treating mental health professional.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist