Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

How can the scar be healed that has caused due to removal of lesion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I had the chicken pox 18 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. I spent a long time in the hospital with it as I developed pnemonia. When they were removing my heart monitor to go home, they ripped open one of the lesions under my breas and it left a terrible scar. That scar is now red, sore and raised. What can I do to help it heal? Should I have it looked at?
Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 27 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. From your symptoms, the possibility of keloid needs to be ruled out. Keloid is a heaped-up scar that rises quite abruptly above the rest of the skin and become red, purple and irritated. They are very commonly found on chest and may start some time after the injury or skin lesion.

You should have this examined from a dermatologist and discuss the treatment plans with him.

The treatment methods for keloids are:
1)     corticosteroid injections inside the keloids
2)     Pulses XXXXXXX laser
3)     silicone sheets
4)     cryotherapy
5)     injection of interferon
6)     surgery
Till you get any of the treatments done, do not undergo any elective skin surgeries or procedures such as piercing of the body.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor