How can severe vomiting after taking Rifampicin and Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole be managed?
Have an anti emetic.
Thanks for posting your query.
Stopping the antibiotic will not help. It is better to have it two hours after meals and take an over the counter anti-emetic like domperidone in addition to it to avoid vomiting.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Try sending a reply to my to this gmail address: YYYY@YYYY
Only 1 m YYYY@YYYY
Could we just get carmine over the counter or a prescription?
Can be due to cholestyramine.
Thanks for writing again.
Carmine should be available over the counter. Cholestyramine can precipitate the vomiting. You need to give a gap of at least two hours between these medicines and antibiotic.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Think you have given enough info. We will get the nausea med and take it along with the antibiotics. Thank you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting during pregnancy
- Can a person faint after severly vomiting
- Treatment and cure for Severe vomiting
- Diagnosis of Severe vomiting
- Symptoms of Severe vomiting
- Stomach swollen after severe vomiting
- Severe vomiting causes
- Severe vomiting after smoking methamphetamine
- Severe vomiting in pregnancy
- Severe vomiting after eating food allergy