How can pain in the heel be treated?
Lack of elasticity of plantar fascia.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The pain on the outside of the heel that you have can be due to lack of elasticity in the plantar fascia. Regular massage, stretching exercises of the foot, hot compress and calcium supplements can help in decreasing the symptoms. Only an MRI scan can help in identifying the exact structure that is damaged.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?