How can pain in the chest be treated despite being on Combiflam?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am feeling a little bit pain in upper right part of chest. 2 days back the pain was in neck and chest both and I was not able to bend neck forward. I took a combiflam and next morning it seemed fine. Today I am feeling pain in upper right part of chest (I have attached a pic with my hand on pain area). Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Muscle spasm pain

Detailed Answer:

Based on the site involved and the description of the pain I suspect it to be either due to inter-coastal muscle spasm of costochondritis.

In both cases, a combination of painkiller and muscle relaxant will help better.

I suggest you take Tab DOLOWIN MR twice daily for two days after food. You may also need to rest for one or two days. Exertion leading to increase and rapid breathing can aggravate the pain.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Raju A.T, General & Family Physician