How can diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis be treated?
Although this is a degenerative condition.
It can be predisposed in people who have diabetes.
So treating the comorbid condition thoroughly helps.
Also exercise, vitamin d supplementation will help.
Drugs like SNRIs, Pregabalin help relieve the pain.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Divya Agarwal, Rheumatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of skeletal hyperostosis
- Drugs/medication for diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Symptoms of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis causes
- Symptoms of skeletal hyperostosis
- Treatment and cure for diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Drugs/medication for skeletal hyperostosis
- Diagnosis of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Skeletal hyperostosis causes
- Treatment and cure for skeletal hyperostosis
- How common is for a person in 60s or 70s of developing rheumatoid...
- Having severe abdominal pain. Tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis...
- Taking folitrax 7.5 mg. Having joint pains. Is rheumatoid arthritis...
- Have wrist pain, negative for rheumatoid factor. Had ITP and...
- Getting tingling fingers, nodule at knuckle. What is the difference...
- Tiredness, headache, taking depression medication. Any suggestions?
- 84 year old having severe arthritis. On morphine patches. How to improve...
- Fall on buttocks. Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with si joint...
- Tested HLA B27 positive. Feeling fatigued, sensitive back and buttocks....
- Thumb is very sore at the base and noticed swollen blood vessels. How to...