How can corn on the legs be treated?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor

I have a wart or a corn on my left leg in between the middle finger and the finger to its left. While I was coming to Montenegro for my business travel, I had visited a dermatologist in XXXXXXX and he suggested that it can be a wart or a corn and to get it removed while I will be back from my travel.

While in Montenegro, the wart/corn was bothering me so I searched for some home remedies for treating it. I found common opinion to apply fresh garlic paste on it. I tried he same and probably the amount that I had applied was more than required and thus is has turned into blisters around the area of the corn/wart. It is causing a lot of problem in walking. Please suggest what should I do?

Doctor's reply to your question above...

Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and antibiotic, anti inflammatory medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and you seem to have developed irritant contact dermatitis to garlic.
You should apply a topical steroid and antibiotic combination like cortisone cream and neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Also take anti inflammatory medicines like tablet ibuprofen.
This will help in settling the reaction.
Dr Asmeet

My further query:
I am not able to get Neosporin ointment here. Can you suggest any generic name for the same. Can both be mixed at the time of application? Also please suggested will the pus which has accumuated below the blister will also go away with these medicines?
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neosporin contains neomycin, both need to be applied simultaneously

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Neosporin contains neomycin sulphate.
You can ask for it from the pharmacist.
You need to mix antibiotic cream and cortisone cream and apply on the affected areas twice daily simultaneously.
If the pus accumulated is less it will settle with this, otherwise oral antibiotics will be required.
For a clearer picture I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected area under the report section of the site so that I can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet