How can clouded vision, irritation and persistent watering of the eyes be treated?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My left eye is tearing and feels as if something's in it. This morning my vision is a little cloudy. I've used some saline drops but they haven't helped. My eye isn't red and the tears don't get crusty.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Dry eye or foreign object

Detailed Answer:

The absence of discharge or crust, suggest that infection is not the cause of your symptoms unless it is the early stage.
Viral or bacterial infection usually present with a discharge in the eye.

Damage to a structure of the eye usually presents with excess tearing, which isn't the case for you.

The presence of a foreign body in the eye or dry eye can cause a gritty feeling or the feeling as though an object is in the eye.

The drops, unless you use quite a bit, would not be enough to remove foreign objects.

You may need to wash out the eye with more fluid eg the saline or water. Advised to wash out at least 10 times.

Some cases of foreign objects become lodged under the eyelid and are difficult to remove at home.

if the sensation remains or worsens, then you should be assessed by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician