How can chronic coughing be treated despite being on antibiotics and steroids?
Get done chest x ray, PFT and HRCT thorax.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should definitely get done chest x ray, PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) and HRCT (high resolution CT) thorax to rule out bronchitis and Pulmonary fibrosis.
You have work place exposure which is known to cause bronchitis and fibrosis.
You are not improving with routine drugs.
So better to consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Please let me know if you already had these tests (chest x ray or PFT or HRCT thorax).
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have itchy throat prescribed antibiotic and steroid having cough remedy
- Is it common to have cough when on steroids
- Cough after epudural steroid
- Steroids for cough
- Steroid injection to stop coughing
- Steroid shot for cough
- How to treat chronic cough
- Is steroid or benzonatate safe for treatment of chronic cough
- Cough following epidural steroid injection
- Treatment for cough and cold without the usage of steroids
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?