How can an indention in the calf from an injury be treated?
I don’t know if it should be concerning.
As detailed below.
Noted all the history you have provided and understood your concerns.
An indentation on the outside of left calf, 6-89 inches from knee on the outside, painless, already seen by a Doctor may be due to one of the following reasons:
Part of fibromyalgia post-traumatic representing as a band of tissues and felt by you as an indentation.
Herniation of muscle through a rent in its capsule.
Thrombosed fibrosed vein.
Since this is painless and already seen by your Doctor there may not be anything of a big concerns.
But to be on a safe side you can have the following investigations:
Ultrasonography and color doppler / MRI study with the Radiologist knowing what to look for can give an exact diagnosis and settle the concerns for ever.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leg injury indentation on the right calf from a fall
- How is a knee injury treated
- How to treat straddle injury
- Will mapap treat calf injury ?
- How to treat a toe injury
- Will voltaren treat injury, calf ?
- How are degloving injuries treated
- How to treat ligament injuries
- How to treat hamstring injuries
- How to treat nerve injury