How can a painful red sting on the left nipple be treated?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi
I think ive been stung by a stinger in the ocean. Its on my nipple. It really hurts and i have put vinigar on it and am icing it. Is there anything else i should be doing ? I am in quite a lot of pain. Left nipple. Burning badly but no tenticle marks as of yet just a red lumpy nipple. Thanks
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid, antihistaminic and oral steroids if required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily.
For pain take anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen.
In case the pain and the swelling worsens you need to take a short course of oral steroids like tablet prednisone 20 mg once daily for 4-5 days.
Oral steroids are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: How can a painful red sting on the left nipple be treated? 12 minutes later
Thank you. I cant really see any stinger marks but the whole nipple is bright red and burning. I have prednisone but wasnt too good on them , made me very sick. Would you suggest something else ? Ive put stop itch on and icing it continuously, how long does this pain nornslly last ?

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tab chlopheniramine maleate, ibuprofen

Detailed Answer:
Then you can take tablet chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg twice daily.
For pain take tablet ibuprofen.
The pain should go off in 2-3 hours after taking medicine.