• question-icon

How can a painful heel spur be treated?

Posted on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My wife has a heel spur which causes pain and swelling. If they have to do surgery to remove the spur what is the process. Do they use a laser or laparoscopic grind. Does it take long to heel.
Thank you,
XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy

Detailed Answer:
Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy is the best procedure for this problem. Other non endoscopic surgeries are also available. You can talk to your orthopedic surgeon to learn about each individual procedure that is available for your wife's condition and choose the one that is most appropriate for her. In 10 – 14 days the sutures are removed and the patient is allowed to bath the foot. It generally takes a minimum of three weeks before the patient is able to walk normally, with minimal discomfort.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon