Hi, please let me know how safe have major surgery
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Your doctors are right that the TPA they inject in the catheter is meant to stay in the catheter and not enter your circulation. Studies have shown that using TPA like this has not increased the risk of any dangerous bleeding.
Also, TPA has effect for only a short time, and would only last for an hour at the longest. So after 24 hours, the effect of TPA will be long finished.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I'd be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining