Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Hi on webmd site says doctor may give you medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1534 Questions
Hi on webmd site says doctor may give you medicine to treat viral vestibular ear infection. Is that correct and if so what is the medication. Can this disease heal? What are options? Thank you!
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment is given

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

There is no treatment that give effect in a viral vestibular infection. All viral infections are difficult to treat because the medicines that are discovered until now have more side effects then the benefit that they give.

This disease cannot heal completely, but the symptoms can be alleviated and you will be able to feel less symptoms until the body kills the virus.
So what webmd says, is that your doctor can give you medicines to treat your symptoms. The disease will last for the time that it should last, but you will be able to function in your daily life.

Let me know your symptoms, what bothers you, and as many details as you can about the frequency and their intensity, and I will be happy to advise the medicines that will help you go through this medicine.

If worse or not better, I would recommend seeing a local doctor.

Hope this is helpful.
Looking forward to your follow up question.

Dr. Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor