question-icon

Hi my son is 9months old, we noticed him feverish

Posted on Sun, 30 Dec 2018
Question: Hi my son is 9months old, we noticed him feverish yesterday(13.12.2018) afternoon and took him to doctor and was prescribed with fepanil drops but we are bit worried that, he is active when fever drops but he starts crying once the temparature starts to increase again few hours after feeding medicine.
We can feel like the temperature is higher but the reading showed at doc clinic was only around 99°F. So is there anything you people can suggest on this. We already trying with wet cloth on his forehead to control the temp.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Continue Fepanil..

Detailed Answer:

During febrile illness, children become irritable during high temperature. They turn normal when temperature returns to normal body temperature. So what your son experienced is natural phenomena occurring in all children. She need not be worried about it.

Viral infection is the most common cause of infection in this age group. It resolves spontaneously in 3-5 days time. So do not be concerned.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications
Dr. Prasad