Hi for the past few days I have been having
Sciatica is possible.
Hello dear , welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think it can be sciatica. It happens when sciatic nerve( nerve which lays from lower back to leg length) is compressed causing pain through leg length.
Try to walk on your toes or heels, rise from a squatting position or if lying on your back you lift your legs one at a time and if this causes pain it confirms sciatica.
You can have rest for first 48 hours.
Use antinflamatory drugs such advil or naproxen or etodolac.
Use hot and cold compresses.
Physical therapy is used after 48 hours.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.