question-icon

Hi doc. Am homosexual, yesterday I gave a handjob to

Posted on Wed, 20 Mar 2019
Question: Hi doc. Am homosexual, yesterday I gave a handjob to a guy whose STD/HIV status is unknown. After 15 to 20 minutes his sperms was in my hand. Since I didn't had cloth or water to wash off his sperm. I did it after 45 minutes by that time it was dried. I cleaned with soap which I use regularly. Do I need to worry about this event??
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Low risks...

Detailed Answer:

Seminal fluid are able to carry viral particles if the person is infected. However since you do not report of cuts and bruises, clinically this event carries a risk of HIV. I would not be overly worried. However I will urge you to get HIV test done after 3 months (from the date of this event).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad (7 hours later)
Thank you doctor!.. no I don't have any cuts on my hand. I washed my hand but late by that time it was dried. I heard that handjob is not risky and no test is needed!.. still do I need to worry??
Answered by Dr. Prasad (12 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Low risks of HIV....

Detailed Answer:
Yes, handjob carries a low risks of HIV transmission; clinically the risk is considered insignificant (there was a typo error in my previous reply - I intended to say clinically this event carries no risk of HIV). As I mentioned earlier, you need not be overly worried. I suggest HIV tests here to allay your fears.

Hope this answered your query. Let me know if you still need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad (29 minutes later)
Thank you Doctor, for clearly mentioned about the typo error. Thank you once again for the information. Now I am feeling relaxed after hearing from you and I'll come out of the anxiety without any test. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Welcome...

Detailed Answer:
I am glad you feel better now. I'll be available for discussion incase you have any more queries. Yet, if all your queries are answered, please close and review.

Good luck!!
Dr. Prasad