Hi, My Mother, Age 62 started having normal Viral fever
My Mother, Age 62 started having normal Viral fever symptoms like Throat infection, Cough, Fever that goes upto 102.
Doctor prescribed her antibiotics for Viral. But even after recovering from fever she could not recover from Cough which made her worse as she could not sleep whole night. Also she have fast breathing one can hear her breathing.
Doctor then asked for a chest Xray which showed patches in Lungs. Now he prescribed antibiotics for 10 days which recovered her well. But as Antibiotics stopped she again went back to the same situation and now the cough is like crazy.
She has not slept for 1 week and fever again started 102.
Doctor prescribed CECT which has been done which I have attached.
unfortunately our doctor is not in town and he is not reading messages too. Please let us know the report results and what could help her ..
Possibility of atypical bacterial or viral infection is more likely.
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the CT report you have attached.
In my opinion, she is having atypical bacterial or viral pneumonia.
Get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX (bronchoalveolar lavage) analysis.
Please let me know antibiotics she has taken.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your mother. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?