Hi, I'm suffering with eye infection and already consulted doctor

Dr. Harshita

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sun, 3 Mar 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi, I'm suffering with eye infection and already consulted doctor and had a minor surgery for the same. But still eyes are getting infected and suffering with swelling. Attaching screens for your understanding and requesting you to suggest suitable medication for the same. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Harshita 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hey unable to open attachemnt

Detailed Answer:
hey i am so sorry but i cannot open the attachement you sent along . can you please resend it or type the surgery you underwent. i might be able to help you better
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harshita 15 hours later
please see attached photos, and they have cleared swelling by cutting from inside eyelids
Answered by Dr. Harshita 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Was it a chalazion?

Detailed Answer:
the photos are still not opening dear sorry but the only swelling which is removed by cutring inside the lids is called a chalazion which is due to blockage of glands in the lids and recurrent chalazion can happen if yiu rub your eyes a lot leading to infection going from hands to eye lids or you have some condition which causes infections like diabetes . you should also get your refraction done and if you have a spectacle mumber you should wear it all the time as uncorrected refractive error causes eye strain and rubbing of eyes leading to this . meanwhile use some hot fomentation and moxifloacin eye ointment for two weeks and if still doesnt go away we will need to remove it like last time
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Harshita 35 minutes later
is it anywhere related to food habits, I stay away from home and don't have good food often and I feel my body is over heated due to spicy foods I ate at restaurants. could you suggest any foods.
Answered by Dr. Harshita 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
No not really

Detailed Answer:
chalazion is not related to food habits dear so dont worry
Follow up: Dr. Harshita 10 minutes later
Is diabetes is only reason for this.??
Answered by Dr. Harshita 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No rubbing of eyes is most important cause

Detailed Answer:
Rubbing of eyes is most important cause as it transfers infection from skin to eyes and cause chalazion . Rubbing of eyes usually occurs in uncorrected refractive error; so get refraction done .