Hi, I was really high (just on marijuana) yesterday and

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I was really high (just on marijuana) yesterday and my friend asked if I wanted to try a muscle relaxant and had me sniff something - and now that I am sober and thinking clearly I am fully aware that thats called huffing - and I’m just in a full panic about what long term effects Im going to face because of a thoughtless action. I’m just really scared right now. I’m not one to experiment with drugs beyond weed.
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very likely there will be no long term problems if you are feeling fine now

Detailed Answer:

It is very likely that if you are doing well now and have no complaints, you are going to be fine. Generally there is risk for long term problems with repeated use so in your case taking it only once (sniffing or huffing the new drug only once) is very likely not going to affect you long term.

On the other hand it is important to be aware that combining different kinds of drugs is a major danger and increases the risks for severe side effects and even death while a patient is under the effect of multiple drugs. So preventing future similar episodes is very important.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, General and Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad