Hi, I had incisional hernia gangrenous inside which caused small
Greeen leafy vegetables and fibre foods need to be taken
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concern. You need to understand that hernia occurs when the abdominal contents bulge out through a weakness of the abdominal wall. The situation complicates when this herniating mass gets stuck and its blood flow gets blocked. This was the reason for the gangrenous bowel obstruction. Although a repair has been made, this would not shield you from further hernias occurring from other weaknesses involving other portions of the abdomen. Straining in any form (as in coughing, straining to pass stool, or lifting a heavy bucket or object) raises the abdominal pressure and makes you more likely to develop hernia. So, you need to modify your lifestyle so that the intraabdominal pressure remains ok and further hernia does not occur. If you deviate from this it is only a matter of time before the next hernia develops. You can resume normal diet but need to ensure a good fibre intake so that stool remains soft. I will discourage you from taking any amount of alcohol but the choice is yours and you know the risks.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation