Hi, I had 5 fibroids and underwent laproscopic myomectomy in
I had 5 fibroids and underwent laproscopic myomectomy in Dec. Discharge summary says four fibroids were removed. Today i took an ultrasound scan(as doctor is plannin for embryo transfer) and to my XXXXXXX my scan report still has four fibroids in the same size. Doctor says it must be the remnant capsule. Is it true? Am worried as to why ultrasound still detects the presence of these fibroids. Pls advise.
Thanks for letting us know your health concern.
I have gone through your query and would like to offer some information.
Usually, fibroids once removed do not grow back. It is the undetected fibroids that are seen at a later date. This is the most likely possibility in your case.
In the current scenario, I would ask you to follow up with a trans-vaginal sonogram and plan further management. If the fibroids are submucous, they are more likely to cause symptoms. Hence treatment becomes necessary.
Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
Retained pseudocapsule may not appear like a complete fibroid.
Thanks for writing back.
Though, during laparoscopic myomectomy retaining of the pseudocapsule is done to improve healing and prevent adhesion, it may not present as a complete myoma in the sonogram.
Small seedlings may grow once the supplements are provided. This is why follow up is needed.
Hope this helps.
If at all, these were pseudo capsule, will it remain in the uterus forever or will it go off in sometime?
Usually harmless but needs monitoring.
Thanks for writing again.
A pseudocyst is usually harmless. This is the cleavage zone between normal uterine tissue and the myoma. It remains after myomectomy.
Sometimes, pseudocystic degeneration of the myoma can occur. Therefore, follow up is essential to help plan further management.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?