Hi I am starting Victoza and the first injection at

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Diabetes
Question: Hi I am starting Victoza and the first injection at .6mg made me very nauseous and I am afraid continuing at .6mg every day will make me even worse - I need to be able to function- what should I do? Can I take it every other day or at a lower dose? The injection pen has her lowest dosage at .6mg. If I stay at the same level of nausea I can hack it but I am afraid the nausea will get worse with the second dose etcetera.
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try with a lower dosis.

Detailed Answer:
HI have gone through your query and here is my opinion.

IIfyour new symptom(nausea)startrd afeter you start Victoza,than we can dedict that this is a side effect of this new medication.

In my opinion,you can try for more 2-3 days with a lower dosis and if the nausea persist and disrupt your daily routine the solution is to change the therapy.

Let me know how do you feel after 2-3 days and i will be happy to guide you further.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj